Skills Development Facilitation
The Skills Development Act and Skills Development Levies Act, require businesses with a yearly payroll of R500 000 and over to register for Skills Development Levies (SDL). The purpose of the Skills Development Act of 1998 is to develop the skills of the South African workforce and to improve the quality of life of workers and their prospects of work. The Skills Development Levies Act of 1999 states that every employer must pay a skills development levy each month.
Zion HR Consultants offers Skills Development Facilitation Services for companies who pay Skills Development Levies, to ensure that they receive the financial and developmental benefits due by the applicable SETA’s. We will be able to assist your company with the following Skills Development services:
- Conduct an analysis of your company’s training requirements, identifying internal Skills Development needs;
- Ensure that your company is registered with the correct SETA
- Compile and submit the Workplace Skills Plan Annual Training Report & Pivotal Report
- Consultation on the implementation of the Workplace Skills Plan and assist with the implementation of a training committee; and
- Identify and advise on all areas of concern to ensure your company complies with the current legislation.
The annual deadline for these submissions is now 30 April each year.
Employment Equity Consulting
The Employment Equity act is an employment policy that applies to all employers and workers and protects both workers and job seekers from unfair discrimination. It also provides a framework for implementing Affirmative Action. There is so much more to compliance than just submissions to the department. Allow Zion HR Consultants to assist you to become totally compliant.
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Support
- We will assist you with the preparation of your file prior to verification, to ensure that obtaining a B-BBEE rating is painless and easy.
- We shall assist you with understanding your current strategy considering B-BBEE status requirements.
- We will assist you with understanding where you are and where you would like to be, as a company, and how you need to get there in terms of obtaining a desirable B-BBEE Scorecard
HR & IR Services
Given the many legal requirements in our country and the ever-changing laws, we can assist you with labour management relations that will protect both yourself and your employees. The following services are being offered:
- Legal compliance
- Chairing hearings
- Assisting with grievances and disciplinary issues
- Labour disputes between employer and employee Policies and Procedures
- Job Profiles
- Performance Management
- Letters of Appointment
- Skills Audits
- KPI and KPA’s
A critical aspect of payroll is its impact on the morale of the employees. Employees need to feel assured that they can be paid on a consistent and timely basis. A late and inaccurate payroll might cause employees to question the financial stability of the organisation. This might compromise on the work’s quantitative and qualitative deliverance of services within the organisation, resulting in underperformance and ignorant behaviour towards the organisation. Given that employees form the base in all organisations, the importance of a reliable and accurate payroll cannot be overstated. Zion HR Consultants offers services including:
- Monthly SARS return
- Statutory Documentation
- Processing of payroll – creation of payslips for employee
- Statistical analysis
- Employee leave
- Returns and payments for PAYE, UIF and SD
- UI19 for all employees